The "Sandwich Generation"
This demographic is made up of individuals who have both children and an aging family member in need of care. If you belong to the “Sandwich Generation,” here are 7 tips to help manage life with ALL your loved ones:
1. Have open and honest discussions about finances with your parents and siblings.
2. Be proactive in creating a savings “emergency fund.”
3. Set boundaries for both physical and mental space – and time.
4. Recognize stress and stressors and take steps to alleviate them.
5. Learn about professionals and organizations that can provide assistance.
6. Share care obligations for your parents with others (siblings, professionals, etc.) so you are able to spend quality time with everyone you love.
7. Be as good to yourself as you are to your parents and children.